Applications Now Open!!
$25,000 will be awarded for best collaboration
$2,500 awarded to each of the top two runners up
Established by Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA and supported by the Southwest Florida Community Foundation, the Cape Coral Community Foundation, the Wayne Smith Family Foundation and the United Way of Lee, Hendry and Glades Counties, the UNITE Award is a regional award that recognizes successful nonprofit collaborative models across the five county area that exemplify excellence and community impact. Its goal is to provide information to the nonprofit community about collaborative models that have succeeded in our area and to share proven effective practices for nonprofits working together.
The 2015 winners will be announced at the annual Myers, Brettholtz & Company’s full-day nonprofit
seminar to be held on Wednesday, Jan. 21 at the Holiday Inn Fort Myers Airport-Town Center.
To be eligible for this year’s award, a collaboration has to:
- Be based in the five county Southwest Florida area (Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades)
- Involve two or more entities (i.e. nonprofit organizations, businesses, and/or government agencies
- Include a lead organization that is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Have a structure that is evidenced by a formal written agreement (i.e. memorandum of understanding, contract, or merger agreement)
- Be able to demonstrate the impact of the collaboration through measurable outcomes.
- Have been in operation for a minimum of 18 months, with a formal written agreement in place no later than by March 1, 2013.
For more information on the UNITE Award, call 239-939-5775 or visit Myers, Brettholtz & Company’s website at www.mbcopa.com, the Southwest Florida Community Foundation’s website at www.floridacommunity.com or the United Way’s website at www.unitedwaylee.org.
Deadline for submission is September 30, 2014.