The Southwest Florida Community Foundation is pleased to partner with Myers, Brettholtz & Company and the United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades on the launch of the UNITE Award (Uniting Nonprofits In Teaming for Excellence), which will award $25,000 to a nonprofit collaborative that exemplifies excellence and community impact.
The goal of the UNITE Award is not only to provide an annual cash award to a successful collaboration effort, but also to inform the nonprofit community about collaborative models that have succeeded in our area and to share proven effective practices for nonprofits working together.
In January 2014, we will announce the first winner of this award. The award application process will launch in September 2013 on the community foundation's online e-apply portal. The deadline to apply will be October 31, 2013. For more information on the award, you can review the Frequently Asked Questions and the 2013 UNITE Award Application Questions.
To be eligible for the award, a collaboration must:
- Be based in the five county Southwest Florida area (Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades)
- Involve two or more entities (i.e. nonprofit organizations, businesses, and/or government agencies
- Include a lead organization that is a 501(c)(3)
- Have a structure that is evidenced by a formal written agreement (i.e. memorandum of understanding, contract, or merger agreement)
- Be able to demonstrate the impact of the collaboration through measurable outcomes.
- Have begun operations, with a formal written agreement in place by March 1, 2012.
We hope our local nonprofits are as excited about this new opportunity as the funding partners are, and we hope to see the annual prize grow as more funding becomes available.